To recognize those individuals who have made significant contributions at the national level to Business Professionals of America, formerly the Office Education Association (OEA).
Individuals who have contributed to the national association. The nominee must have made contributions and been involved at the local, state, and national levels for 10 or more years. To be eligible for the Hall of Fame award the nominator must submit the following information about the nominee:
1. Nomination Form
2. One page, single-spaced, narrative-style biography of nominee’s supportive contributions to the national organization
3. A maximum of three (3) letters of recommendation for the nominee. Information provided in the letters weighs heavily in evaluation.
4. A State Advisor letter of support for the nominee, unless the nominee is a state advisor. The State Advisor’s letter does not count as one of the three letters of recommendation.
5. One page resume of Business Professionals of America-related accomplishments for the nominee.
6. National staff and current student members are ineligible for this award.
All nominations must be submitted on the official nomination form. Nominations due March 1. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Nominations will be accepted every year from the following: National Officers, Board of Trustees, BPA State Advisors/Supervisors, National Staff, National Business Advisory Council, Classroom Educators Advisory Council, and Local Advisors.
All materials submitted become the property of Business Professionals of America and may be used as the National Center deems appropriate.
It is not necessary for a chapter to attend the National Leadership Conference to participate in the program and receive the award.
DO NOT SEND ANY AWARD APPLICATION(S) AS PART OF ANOTHER APPLICATION. AWARDS MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED WITH TECHNICAL PROJECTS FOR COMPETITIVE EVENTS. EACH AWARD MUST BE SUBMITTED SEPARATELY.
A maximum of two (2) individuals will be recognized with lifetime memberships and individual plaques on stage at the National Leadership Conference for that year. The names of those recognized will be added to the plaque displayed at the National Center.